A large carabiner can come in handy in many places. This one's shape and size means it's useful for belaying and rappelling with the Munter hitch with single or double ropes, anchoring multiple ropes and slings and keeping the belay station organized. Pear shape facilitates use with the Munter hitch for single or double ropes. Large shape and gate opening can fit multiple slings and ropes.
Available with manual locking system (SCREW-LOCK) or auto-locking system (TRIACT-LOCK).
WILLIAM can be connected to the CAPTIV bar to favour positioning of the carabiner along the major axis, to limit the risk of it flipping and to keep it integrated with the device.
- Pear shape offers a large capacity and wide opening:
- facilitates the connection of multiple items
- allows Munter hitch use for escape
- Aluminum carabiner whose light weight reduces the weight of equipment the worker at height needs to carry
- Easier handling:
- fluid interior design limits the risk of having a catch point and facilitates rotation of the carabiner
- Keylock system to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
- H cross-section:
- ensures an improved strength-to-weight ratio
- protects markings from abrasion
- Available in different locking systems:
- TRIACT-LOCK: automatic locking with triple-action gate opening
- SCREW-LOCK: the manual screw-lock with red band provides a visual warning when the carabiner is unlocked
- Also available in black
- Material(s): aluminum
- Certification(s): CE EN 362, EAC, NFPA 1983 Technical Use