DRS loves the MARSARS ice rescue sleds as they come pre-rigged, ready for immediate use.
A modern, safer approach to Ice Rescue, the Ice Rescue Safety Sled is used across the United States by the U.S. Coast Guard.
This purpose-built sled is extended from a safe distance to a victim that can then assist in their own rescue. When used properly, a rescuer stops a sled length (6') away, dismounts, and extends the empty sled for the victim's self-rescue attempt. With one or both forearms through the orange-coloured sling, a patient is gently hauled aboard by shore-based line tender(s).
Should a patient be semi or unconscious, they are placed into the buoyant sling, connected to the sled's 4:1 ratio haul system and gently pulled aboard, minimizing handling which leads to more positive outcomes in hypothermic victims
The sled provides shielding to both the patient and rescuer.
- High-density polyethylene hull
- Rescuer tether strap
- Built-in Body Roller
- Victim Forearm Sling (VFS)
- Concave deck, tunnel-shaped hull
- 8 Carry Handles
- Approximate 240 lbs. of buoyancy
- 4:1 ratio extraction system
- Buoyant sling connection ring
- Forearm Sling Brake
- Ice Awls onboard storage
- Pre-rigged for immediate use
- 1x IRSS (Ice Rescue Safety Sled)
- 1x Buoyant Sling
- 1x Ice Rescue Reel
- 1x Ice Rescue Rope (specify length)
- Length: 6'4" (76")
- Width: 2'3" (27")
- Height: 7"
- Weight: 35lbs
- Approximate Buoyancy: 240lbs
Made in the USA
Note: These items only ship within Canada. For customers outside Canada, please contact us to put you in touch with another dealer.