Email for Quote
MARSARS produces a top quality Rescue Recovery Net that connects to vessel’s side by snap hooks, ready for instant use - simply peel the velcro and it rolls out cleanly.
Most recovery nets are made out of buoyant polypropylene fibre that floats, but this Recovery Net is constructed of a ballasted polyester material that sinks. Take it from your fellow public safety folks that found it’s not fun trying to sink a buoyant net beneath a victim in the water.
MARSARS’ high-quality recovery net features:
1) The compact stored device is unrolled
2) The buoyant boom is pushed away from boat’s side by a boat pole.
3) Without handling the victim, the boat is moved forward, positioning the victim centrally above the submerged U-shaped net.
4) Par buckled net lifts the body (using a 2:1 mechanical advantage) clear of the water for transport.
5) After use, the net is removed, cleaned, dried, rolled and replaced within its cylindrical storage cover.
*The same process can be used for conscious victims when other methods of recovery have failed but the Man-Overboard Rescue Sling would be the preferred method of recovery for a conscious, uninjured victim.